Mother Jones magazine's
Tumblr alter ego.
More ways to get your MoJo on:
Mother Jones on the internets
Mother Jones on Facebook
Mother Jones on Twitter
Mother Jones on Pinterest
Mother Jones in your inbox
Mother Jones in print
Here’s today’s Daily GIF!
Alanah Poullard—the five year old daughter of a wounded warrior—gets a written note from President Obama, excusing her from school for the day.
I love that someone amazing at Mother Jones took the time to respond to my dumb aquestion.
10. Welfare for Warlords: Paying Afghan truckers to pay the bad guys.
9. The World’s Most Expensive Road: Guess how much? Guess how long? Sit down first.
8. The Grifter, His Villas, and the Exploding Wall Outlets. Um, yeah. Just read it.
7. Rent-a-Ripoff: How much does the world’s most powerful military pay to lease an SUV?!
6. The Kabul Bank Bust: Pay a Wall Street megafirm to supervise the Afghan banks’ books. Riiiight.
5. Never Leave a Mandarin Behind: Fruit flew first-class to Kabul. Frequently.
4. Soldiers of Misfortune: Not all security contractors get the Blackwater treatment.
3, 2, and 1: Read the complete list to find out!
(Source: Mother Jones)
LISTICLE: America’s 10 Most Overpaid CEOs
Check out the captain of industry who got a 449 percent raise for keeping his company in the red, and more tales of executive excess. If you’re a journo, you may be especially interested in No. 10…