Mother Jones magazine's
Tumblr alter ego.
More ways to get your MoJo on:
Mother Jones on the internets
Mother Jones on Facebook
Mother Jones on Twitter
Mother Jones on Pinterest
Mother Jones in your inbox
Mother Jones in print
Sunday Morning Screengrab.
Here’s today’s Daily GIF!
Alanah Poullard—the five year old daughter of a wounded warrior—gets a written note from President Obama, excusing her from school for the day.
"The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized."
Former FBI director Louis Freeh announced the results of his 7-month investigation of Penn State today, and they were righteously (and rightfully) indignant.
(Paul Vathis/Associated Press)
From a painfully naive and prophetic profile of Jerry Sandusky, the ex-Penn State coach accused of sexually assaulting multiple young boys, written for Sports Illustrated in 1999.
10. Welfare for Warlords: Paying Afghan truckers to pay the bad guys.
9. The World’s Most Expensive Road: Guess how much? Guess how long? Sit down first.
8. The Grifter, His Villas, and the Exploding Wall Outlets. Um, yeah. Just read it.
7. Rent-a-Ripoff: How much does the world’s most powerful military pay to lease an SUV?!
6. The Kabul Bank Bust: Pay a Wall Street megafirm to supervise the Afghan banks’ books. Riiiight.
5. Never Leave a Mandarin Behind: Fruit flew first-class to Kabul. Frequently.
4. Soldiers of Misfortune: Not all security contractors get the Blackwater treatment.
3, 2, and 1: Read the complete list to find out!
(Source: Mother Jones)
Maria Bashir’s house has been bombed, her children threatened with murder. Meet the prosecutor risking everything for justice.